Hi friends…………….my first step in the field of microcontrollers is blinking an LED using PIC microcontroller and MikroC. I used PIC 16F877A for that. It is the one of the most popular PIC microcontroller and comes in a 40 pin DIP pinout. I use MikroC Pro for PIC as the C compiler because it has a lot of built in functions which makes our task very simpler.
You can buy mikroC form mikroElectronika or download a trial version form here. Trial Version is sufficient for most of our needs.
1. Download and Install mikroC.
2. Open microC Pro For PIC
3. Click on Project>> New Project
4. Click NEXT
5. Select PIC16F877A and Click NEXT
6. Set Device Clock as 8Mhz and Click NEXT
7. Set path of your project folder. It is better to create a new folder for each project. Click NEXT
8. In this step you can add your on header files etc… if you want to use them in this project, otherwise leave it. Click NEXT
9. It is better to select ‘Include All’ for beginners. Click NEXT
10. Thus you have successfully completed New Project Wizard in mikroC