FT232RL SMD IC – 28 PIN SSOP
The FT232RL is a USB to asynchronous serial data transfer interface with optional clock generator. This IC comes as a 28 pin SSOP package. The external EEPROM, clock circuit and USB resistors are fully integrated onto the device.
The internally generated clock (6MHz, 12MHz, 24MHz, and 48MHz) can be brought out and be used to drive a microcontroller or external logic.
A unique number is burnt into the chip during manufacture and is readable through USB. This can be used as a security feature to protect customer data from copying.
10 in stock
- Additional Information
- Reviews (0)
The FT232R is a USB to serial UART interface with the following advanced features:
- Single chip USB to asynchronous serial data transfer interface.
- Entire USB protocol handled on the chip. No USB specific firmware programming required.
- Fully integrated 1024 bit EEPROM storing device descriptors and CBUS I/O configuration.
- Fully integrated USB termination resistors.
- Fully integrated clock generation with no external crystal required plus optional clock output selection enabling a glue-less interface to external MCU or FPGA.
- Data transfer rates from 300 baud to 3 Mbaud (RS422, RS485, RS232 ) at TTL levels.
- FTDI’s royalty-free Virtual Com Port (VCP) and Direct (D2XX) drivers eliminate the requirement for USB driver development in most cases.
- Integrated level converter on UART and CBUS for interfacing to between +1.8V and +5V logic.
- True 5V/3.3V/2.8V/1.8V CMOS drive output and TTL input.
- Configurable I/O pin output drive strength.
- USB 2.0 Full Speed compatible.
- -40°C to 85°C extended operating temperature range.
|Dimensions||7.80 x 10.20 x 2 mm|