HC-SR501 PIR Motion Sensor
HC-SR501 PIR Motion Detector is popular for sensing motion using infrared technology with automatic detection. It includes a pyroelectric infrared sensor. It has a detection range below 120° and detection distance adjustable between 3 to 7 meters. It also has a wide operating voltage range of DC4.5V-20V.
1 in stock
- Additional Information
- Reviews (0)
- Voltage: 5V – 20V
- Power Consumption: 65mA
- TTL output: 3.3V, 0V
- Delay time: Adjustable (.3->5min)
- Lock time: 0.2 sec
- Trigger methods: L – disable repeat trigger, H enable repeat trigger
- Sensing range: less than 120 degree, within 7 meters
- Temperature: – 15 ~ +70
- Dimension: 32*24 mm, distance between screw 28mm, M2, Lens dimension in diameter: 23mm
- For adjusting the distance: turn the potentiometer clockwise , increased sensing distance (about 7 meters), on turning anticlockwise, the sensing distance decreases (about 3 meters).
- For adjusting the delay: turn the potentiometer clockwise, the delay is lengthened (600S, 10 minutes), on turning anticlockwise, shorten the detection delay (0.3 second).
- Sensor module is powered up after a minute, in this initialization time interval this module will output 0-3 times and after a minute, enters the standby state.
- Should try to avoid light and other sources of interference close to direct module surface of the lens, in order to avoid introduction of interference signal malfunction environment should be devoid of wind flow, as wind will cause interference .
- Detection module has double probe whose window is rectangle. The two sub-probes (A and B) are located at the two ends of rectangle,
- When human body move from left to right, or from right to left, time for it to reach the two sub-probes differs. The larger the time difference is, the more sensitive the module is,
- When human body moves towards probe, or up to down, or down to up, there is no time difference. So it does not work,
- So install the module in the direction in which most human activities occurs, to guarantee the detection of human by dual sub-probes. In order to increase the detection range, this module uses round lens which can detect IR from all direction. However, detection from right or left is more sensitivity than from up or down.