Home › Forums › Microcontrollers › PIC Microcontroller › Error while writing program to PIC 16F877A using PICkit2 › Reply To: Error while writing program to PIC 16F877A using PICkit2
Kindly attach your project files to investigate further. Check the following also.
- Make sure that you selected PIC 16F877A in the project settings. PIC 16F877 and 16F877A are different microcontrollers.
- You don’t need to check MCLR in the PICkit2 software
- You can uncheck Programmer >> Manual Device Select, PICkit2 will automatically detect the microcontroller. So you don’t need to select it manually.
- Make sure that the microcontroller you are using is PIC 16F877A not 16F877.
- If everything is correct, try using a new microcontroller ic.